Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Santa Fe Institute

From July 2nd through the 7th, I had the opportunity to teach some of the best students I have ever had. These students were preparing for a month long summer school, which was being held by the Santa Fe Institute in Beijing. With half of the students coming from abroad, it was my task to prepare the Chinese students to be able to communicate effectively in English.

They were all graduate students from all over China. They were highly motivated, so teaching them was a lot of fun. Working together with Deb Lawson and Joy Wegner, we did all sorts of projects to give the students many opportunities to use their English skills. The students did a spectacular job.

The following week, I got to visit the summer school in progress, and I got to see firsthand how well the students were integrating with the others. I also received several emails from students telling me everything was going great.

This kind of teaching is a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home